Ladies to lunch
Hello there, Welcome to ladies to Lunch. we Look forward to Seeing You around and getting to know you. Once you register there is alot more of the forum that can be seen. xxxxx
Ladies to lunch
Hello there, Welcome to ladies to Lunch. we Look forward to Seeing You around and getting to know you. Once you register there is alot more of the forum that can be seen. xxxxx
Ladies to lunch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is for ladies and parents to come and chat. Need cheering up or just a really good natter then come along and have a chat!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Hello everyone and welcome to ladies to lunch. Please do register then you can feel the full benefit of the site thanks xxx

Just little me saying hello!

Go down 
+2
lisa
Diane Forth-Eglon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Diane Forth-Eglon
Training Wheels
Training Wheels

Just little me saying hello! Empty
PostSubject: Just little me saying hello!   Just little me saying hello! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 2:53 am

Good afternoon, I am Diane Forth-Eglon, 47, and pleased to meet you. I live in Birmingham, England with two mischevious cats! I have family in England and Australia. I love arts and crafts and playing the piano, singing, and writing poetry. I played in hotels and restaurants in West Africa, Dubai and Saudi Arabia. I am married to a beautiful man who is sadly in a nursing home with end stage Alzheimer's so if there is anyone in a similar "boat" I would be only too happy to support. I have mild Asperger's Syndrome (a form of autism). I hope everyone here has a lovely Christmas and Happy 2012!
Back to top Go down
lisa
Admin
Admin
lisa

PostSubject: Re: Just little me saying hello!   Just little me saying hello! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 5:27 am

hi hun and its lovely to hear more about u im lisa 32 and sahm with 2 kids and lots of pets hope u have a lovely christmas as well and we are here to chat about anything u wish hun any help u need u only have to ask xxxxxx
Back to top Go down
Lyndsay
Admin
Admin
Lyndsay

PostSubject: Re: Just little me saying hello!   Just little me saying hello! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:10 am

Hello hun nice to know more about you. I am Lyndsay a single mum to a 7 year old boy who has autism. xx
Back to top Go down
https://ladiestolunch.forumotion.co.uk
Diane Forth-Eglon
Training Wheels
Training Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Just little me saying hello!   Just little me saying hello! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:27 am

Wow how interesting about your son. Did you know shortly after birth? I wasn't diagnosed until I was 30! I have written two poems on having autism whIch I hope people will find helpful - little things like diaries and calendars to help remember dates, and getting a pass for he bus instead of money as I get in a real panic not getting the change ready and fear anger from everone else (totally unfounded) and setting up direct debits for bills. How does it affect your son? There are so many positive thing about having ASD that people overlook. Does your son get good support? Let me know if you want to have a copy of my two poems. Take care. xx
Back to top Go down
Diane Forth-Eglon
Training Wheels
Training Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Just little me saying hello!   Just little me saying hello! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:28 am

sorry about the spelling mistake - just got this laptop and the keys are so smooth that you tend to sometimes miss letters out! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
lisa
Admin
Admin
lisa

PostSubject: Re: Just little me saying hello!   Just little me saying hello! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:37 am

i have been using my comp for yars hun and i still make spelling mistakes lol
Back to top Go down
Iona
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just little me saying hello!   Just little me saying hello! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 11:37 am

Hi there I'm Iona and I have a 9 year old son who has ADD,delayed develpoment,sleep insomnia and a learning disability which is linked to autism,so I know where're you're comimg from.If you ever need to chat feel free xx
Back to top Go down
Diane Forth-Eglon
Training Wheels
Training Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Just little me saying hello!   Just little me saying hello! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 12:38 pm

Pleased to meet you Iona, sorry that your son has these problems. Do either of you find that your child will wear a thick jumper in warm weather or a thin shirt in freezing cold weather? Apparently this is because our ASPIES body thermometer is a bit wacky. It drives my mum mad seeing me in a thin blouse on a cold day or a thick coat on a hot day, but now she understands that its due to the ASD.
Back to top Go down
Mels
Premier Member
Premier Member

PostSubject: Re: Just little me saying hello!   Just little me saying hello! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 7:08 pm

Hi hun I am Mels and I am mum to Jack who is 5 yrs old. I like to keep busy - so I go on forums and I go on my forums too. Hope to get to know you soon
Back to top Go down
Iona
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just little me saying hello!   Just little me saying hello! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 7:22 pm

Hi hunnie alasdair has,nt done that yet.However he is obsessed with having a shower everyday and his clothes have got to match lol.x
Back to top Go down
Lyndsay
Admin
Admin
Lyndsay

PostSubject: Re: Just little me saying hello!   Just little me saying hello! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 9:04 pm

Diane Forth-Eglon wrote:
Wow how interesting about your son. Did you know shortly after birth? I wasn't diagnosed until I was 30! I have written two poems on having autism whIch I hope people will find helpful - little things like diaries and calendars to help remember dates, and getting a pass for he bus instead of money as I get in a real panic not getting the change ready and fear anger from everone else (totally unfounded) and setting up direct debits for bills. How does it affect your son? There are so many positive thing about having ASD that people overlook. Does your son get good support? Let me know if you want to have a copy of my two poems. Take care. xx

My son Joshua struggles a great deal with tempreture control all year round he has a t least 4 blankets on his bed we have to tell him to take jumpers off when we can see him sweating xx
Back to top Go down
Lyndsay
Admin
Admin
Lyndsay

PostSubject: Re: Just little me saying hello!   Just little me saying hello! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 9:13 pm

Diane Forth-Eglon wrote:
I knew from him being 1 that there was something not quiet right. He was eventually Diagnosed at the age of 5 with Autistic spectrum disorder. HE has very little in the way of support as he his very intelligent so doesn't meet the criteria for most of the services. He has support in school. I have Alot of Visual up at home to help on on in the day. HE has a lot of trouble controling his anger and also knowing what his emotions are which we have a emotion chart at home and try to explain alot of things to him. I would love to see your poems xxx
Back to top Go down
lisa
Admin
Admin
lisa

PostSubject: Re: Just little me saying hello!   Just little me saying hello! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 3:29 am

i have problems with james as well hes in the middle of seeing various people who so far are no closer to telling us whats wrong than they were a few year ago
Back to top Go down
Diane Forth-Eglon
Training Wheels
Training Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Just little me saying hello!   Just little me saying hello! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 6:29 pm

Because I'm new to this I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing re replying to the messages: does everyone see this? Yes it is strange about temperature control with people with ASD. Lyndsey I'm sorry that Joshua doesn't get much support. Yes, it is difficult to diagnose as we do come across as intelligent and able to cope. I will get round to submitting these poems on Alzheimer's soon. Lisa, hang in there with James. In Australia, I have three nephews and one niece in one family. One nephew, the eldest, Ross, 14, is definitely Aspergers but after a lengthy assessment and the youngest boy Brice, 8, MIGHT be ASD. It is awkward and I give a HUG to each of you ladies. My Autism West Midlands is losing so many support workers through lack of money so less people are getting support. Perhaps we should approach he Government?
Back to top Go down
Diane Forth-Eglon
Training Wheels
Training Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Just little me saying hello!   Just little me saying hello! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 6:31 pm

lol I actually meant, I'll get round to submitting the poems on ASPERGER'S! Durgh! Sorry, I've just woken up! That's the problem when you have poems on two subjects, similar sounding and named after two people!
Back to top Go down
Iona
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just little me saying hello!   Just little me saying hello! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 7:45 pm

It does take a while to get things in place but we are getting there with alasdair,We suspected things were not right from he age of 2 but he does like cuddles but has to be in the mood lol x
Back to top Go down
marti
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

PostSubject: Re: Just little me saying hello!   Just little me saying hello! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 8:48 pm

Welcome aboard i am Martina from British Columbia Canada which is on the west coast of Canada, i am 34 divorced for 11 years and i have many health conditions, i also have a 6 year old cat named Mimi, Mimi is black and white and so adoreable she is a stray cat
Back to top Go down
Lyndsay
Admin
Admin
Lyndsay

PostSubject: Re: Just little me saying hello!   Just little me saying hello! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 9:58 pm

I agree Diane that the goverment do need appraching on what little support there is they are taking away.
Back to top Go down
Iona
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just little me saying hello!   Just little me saying hello! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 1:28 am

oh defintely xx
Back to top Go down
lisa
Admin
Admin
lisa

PostSubject: Re: Just little me saying hello!   Just little me saying hello! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 3:34 am

we dont have any support groups here for kids who have diffrent needs at all its daft really

we have the poet coprner open for u to put them ito hun so looking forward to reading them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just little me saying hello!   Just little me saying hello! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just little me saying hello!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ladies to lunch :: Introdution. :: Tell us about your self!-
Jump to: